OWS Quality of Service and Experience DWG meeting 13th February 2017

The Quality of Service and Experience (QoSE DWG) regular online meeting was held on 13th February 2017 at 14h UTC

Please join in using our permanent virtual meeting room in GoToMeeting.

  • Meeting minutes (see below)
  • Recording (mp4, 62MB)

Agenda

  1. Opening
  2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting
  3. Priority work topics for 2017:
    • Common QoSE terms and concepts
    • QoS metrics, indicators and capabilities extensions for OWS, phase I
    • Discussion paper for ensuring QoE of OGC Web Services
  4. Meetings during the Delft TC on Web 22nd March
  5. Any other business
  6. Closing

Minutes

Present
  • Ilkka Rinne (IR)
  • Emmanuel Mondon (EM)
  • Tom Kralidis (TK)
1. Opening

Meeting is being recorded.

TK: do DWG meetings require a minimum number of people for quorum?

IR: OGC P&P do not seem to provide these details

2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting

No objections; minutes approved.

3. Priority work topics for 2017:

Common QoSE terms and concepts:

- TK interested but cannot lead

- EM: same, can contribute

- topic needs a driver/lead

QoS metrics, indicators and capabilities extensions for OWS, phase I

- focusing on WMS 1.3.0, CSW 2.0.2, WFS 2.0.0

- TK: should we just use minor versions to be future safe (WFS 2.0.x, etc.)?

- to define a list of QoS metrics with URLs to each definition

- what does the resulting document look like? Discussion paper? Public Engineering peport?

- to be determined, too early to gauge

- TK: register/capabilities or engine

- IR: we need to keep clear the "what" vs. the "how"

- IR: register based on common concepts should provide a baseline for comparable measures

- EM: be user focused/centric; keep simple and iterate

- TK: can use some open source implementations (pycsw, GeoHealthCheck) to help test / proof of concept if desired

Discussion paper for ensuring QoE of OGC Web Services

- this DP will provide an initial iteration to approach a QoSE BP
- use cases
- checklist of procedures
- Cindy/Michael Gordon to review/feedback

4. Meetings during the Delft TC on Web 22nd March

- IR/TK confirmed to attend

- current empty presentation slots could be used to further discuss work items if not allocated

5. Any other business

- TK: can we have an rights on GitHub's OGC organization to create repositories? ACTION: IR to request from Greg B
- IR: Testbed 13 review of work packages
- Aviation: quality of data
- TK: how to participate in future testbeds?

- IR: ideal if sponsors define requirements

Next meeting: 14 March 2017 10AM EST

-- IlkkaRinne - 13 Feb 2017
Topic revision: r4 - 03 Apr 2017, IlkkaRinne
 

This site is powered by FoswikiThe information you supply is used for OGC purposes only. We will never pass your contact details to any third party without your prior consent.
If you enter content here you are agreeing to the OGC privacy policy.

Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding OGC Public Wiki? Send feedback