Minutes of Telecon 23 March 2010

Attendees

  • Frédéric Guillaud
  • Bruce Wright (chair)
  • Ben Domenico
  • Andrew Woolf
  • Chris Little
  • Dominic Lowe

Apologies

  • Jeremy Tandy

Agenda:

  • 1) Review actions from last week
  • 2) Discuss any issues of relevance from Frascati TC
  • 3) Review Use Case progress (actors/information types)
  • 4) AOB
  • 5) Next Meeting

1) Review actions from last week
  • ACTION A9: AW to flesh out polar year use case further using real example from polar year. Remains OPEN
  • ACTION A14: AW to follow up by email to see if a CM meeting in Frascati is feasible. CLOSED
  • ACTION A15: AW to follow up use case 1 wiht AB by email. CLOSED n/a
  • ACTION A16: AW to follow up use cases 2 and 3 by email with PT. CLOSED DONE
  • ACTION A18: AW to follow up on hydrology use case (possibly re WRON work in australia) Remains OPEN
  • ACTION A19: AW: Put on twiki guidance about how to identify datatypes OPEN
  • ACTION A21: ALL Begin to identify data types on use cases by next telecon. See meeting notes for details OPEN - aim to complete all use cases by next telecon 13 April

2) Frascati TC
This was a general discussion to share information:
  • We discussed the WMS time proposals
  • Ben Domenico updated the group on NetCDF encoding standardisation
  • We discussed the harmonisation of 'RangeType' in GML/SWE/WCS
  • Here are the consolidated slides for the TC closing plenary.

3) Review Use Case progress

  • Some good progress has been made on about half the use cases
  • Information types beginning to emerge
  • Need to continue to move the use cases forward
  • Andrew recapped on the INSPIRE methodology (paraphrased below):
    • Identify data types in use cases
    • Step back and look at commonality between data types
    • Look at information models that already exist and compare with our needs
    • Begin to suggest what our data types might look like
    • Use model driven approach to start to formalise this.
    • Also consider the types of queries (operations) we might want to make.

  • We agreed that we should aim to populate as many use cases as possible (Action 21) by the next telecon
  • Next telecon we should begin to move to the next steps of the methodology.

  • NEW ACTION A22: AW: Specify the methodology on the wiki.
  • NEW ACTION A23: BW: Add 'current owner' to use cases on wiki.

4) AOB
  • No.

5) Next Meeting
  • Due to easter move telecon by a week to 13th April.
  • However to avoid ongoing clashes with the fortnightly GML SWG we will maintain our current fortnightly pattern otherwise
  • i.e. we will have a telecon on 13th of April, then again one week later on the 20th to get back in sync.

  • NEW ACTION A24: DL: Arrange meeting for 13th taking into account summer time etc..

Summary of new actions and decisions from this meeting:

  • NEW ACTION A22: AW: Specify the methodology on the wiki.
  • NEW ACTION A23: BW: Add 'current owner' to use cases on wiki.
  • NEW ACTION A24: DL: Arrange meeting for 13th taking into account summer time etc..

Action 21 remains the most important!!

-- DominicLowe - 24 Mar 2010
Topic revision: r1 - 24 Mar 2010, DominicLowe
 

This site is powered by FoswikiThe information you supply is used for OGC purposes only. We will never pass your contact details to any third party without your prior consent.
If you enter content here you are agreeing to the OGC privacy policy.

Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding OGC Public Wiki? Send feedback