- 07 Nov 2013
1) Technical/Policy Topics . There has been discussion that the below topics should be reviewed outside of the leadership group, being technical in nature.
2) Joint PC/Ideas Meeting
3) Any other Business
- Trevor Taylor
- Mark Reichardt
- Dave Danko
- Chris Body
- Chris Little
- Paula McLeod
- Jack Pellici
- Geoff Zeiss
- Frank Suykens
1) The group agreed that the topics discussed above should be discussed in the upcoming joint leadership/PC meeting, and then brought to the TC for further discussion, rather than the leadership.
- The group recognized that there are both policy and technical issues surrounding the topics
- Proposed that each topic should have a 1 page position statement that potentially includes;
- A definition of the type of deliverable from both policy and technical views
- A gap analysis, from both policy and technical levels for external ad-hoc standards and market approaches
- It was mentioned that action on the above is all ready underway via George's work on identifying trends, as well as the OGC website ( see moble, for example)
- Additional discussion changes under discussion (e.g. the Jeff DLB note, to be covered in round 2) will bring addtional rigour to both policy and technical issues
- Additional discussion with the overall TC on defacto standards as normative references ( especially those such as GeoJson, with no formal governance group), is required
- Risk management was discussed, acknowledging the existing OGC structure (e.g. PnP, OAB) has checks and balances in place, but there may be a need to explicitly expose OGC's risk management strategy
2) The date for the joint Ideas Leadership team and the PC will be moved to November 20 or 21st, to ensure Chris Holmes is available. Mark to send a note to the joint group along with a doodle poll.