Telecon 14 April 2pm UTC

Agenda for the Telecon

For discussion
  1. Feedback from John Halquist on NOAA/NWS contributions
  2. Feedback from Uli on GRDC's contributions
  3. Update form other participants
  4. Discussions on support letter
  5. Next actions

Attendees

John Halquist, Michael Natschke, Stefan Fuest, Simon Jirka, Ullrich Looser, Carsten Heidemann Sylvain Grellet, Peter Fitch

Notes

Jon Halquist (NOAA)

  • Peter G and John have agreed that the surface water IE will serve as a logical first step towards a focussed involvement in a forecast IE late on in the year. NOAA/NWS will act as a client for data which is being served by USGS, looking at how that data is suitable for feeding forecasting systems. The Mississippi data to be made available as part of use case 3 is a good start but there likely to be other data of slightly different types which would be useful is it was available. The question was raised whether USGS would be willing to make additional data available for the surface water IE if required? This could be additional flow data in the region.
  • What is the likelihood of rating curve support in version 1 of WaterML2.0?

Uli (GRDC) and Michael Natschke (Kisters)

  • Have not confirmed that WMO can be an initiator, but agree WMO should. WMO is also very keen on the iE and is keen for it to get going.
  • Although GRDC is very interested in the IE, it is not possible for GRDC to directly participate as the organisation is not a member of the OGC and is not in a position to become a member.
  • Kisters offered to assist by being a bridge. This would be an additional contribution by Kisters in which Kisters would make available GRDC data (GBNR data??). This would include loading data into Wiski TSM, putting a SOS on top, and making the data discoverable by way of a catalog.
  • Uli also mentioned that there has been some conversation between GRDC and 52 north re use of 52 North SOS
  • For use case 3, one of the objectives is to look at vocabularies. WMO are keen that its vocabulary is tested /used. A good outcome could be a comparison between the WMO vocab and Kisters vocab.

Carsten and Sylvain on cross border experiment

The document has been updated and uploaded to the twiki.

General Notes

Next step are to finalise the documentation. The startup up pack to go to the OGC needs to include the plan and the letters of support. In the letter of support, you are asked to confirm that you agree with the content of the plan, so please make sure that you do.

Only three initiators are required for the IE, but it would be good if WMO is one of them, so we will follow up with them during the next week. If all goes well we will try and submit to OGC at the end of next week.

Next Meeting

  • Wed 21 April 2pm UTC

Actions Summary

  • Peter to contact David Lemon to see if there is any movement on WMO as an initiator for the IE.
  • Contact Peter Taylor to find out when support for rating curves is likely to be included in WaterML2.0
  • Michael Natchske and Uli Looser to organise follow up conversation organising the details of making GRDC dat available.
  • Peter to attach Letter of support template to twiki.

-- PeterFitch - 16 Apr 2010
Topic revision: r3 - 16 Apr 2010, StefanFuest
 

This site is powered by FoswikiThe information you supply is used for OGC purposes only. We will never pass your contact details to any third party without your prior consent.
If you enter content here you are agreeing to the OGC privacy policy.

Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding OGC Public Wiki? Send feedback