Meeting notes

Meeting notes for SouthamptonGsmlSwgSept2017

Review of pending action from Vienna

(ViennaFace2FaceJune2017)
  • New instance documents for GeoSciML lite (DONE)
  • Ollie will email the GA Borehole model diagram and EAP.
  • Send message to GeoScienceDWG regarding collaboration of SWG and DWG
    • postponed because we need clarification from statement in the charter (ESS is umbrella over GeoScienceDWG according to charter)
      • Further clarification during DWG meeting on 14 confirm that DWG is ad hoc, SWG report to TC
  • Tim reported on ESRI implementation
    • shall support GeoSciML 4 Basic by end of the month (serving)
    • available to OneGeology member that use the licence provided for 1G members
    • will circulate emails to Eric / Ollie (done)

New Issue

  • SVN link to ISO-19115-3 is broken (inspire repo)
  • ACTION: poke Simon (done)

Corrigendum

RDF / JSON encoding

  • Eric played with ShapeChange to generate RDF and JSON
    • Deck on agenda page
  • IGS worked on Ontology for GeoSciML
    • GeoSciML RDF covers UML classes
    • IGS coves vocabulary (not the model) and attaches it to a couple core GeoSciML classes
    • barely overlap
  • Later discussion with several people confirm that RDF/OWL generated from UML is too UML-y (annoying artefact because the UML is made for XSD)
  • ShapeChange only generate Geoservice JSON
    • JSON-LD is just add @context that maps JSON to RDF, therefore, need RDF to do JSON-LD
  • The idea of have a RDF/Linked interop experiment was suggested
    • need to test RDF (and why bother about RDF)
    • support from NZ, Canada, France, OneGeology, maybe Poland, maybe Australia
    • Eric to start discussion on mailing list.

Borehole EPOS

  • Sylvain presented EPOS status report
  • Artchitecture maintains a central cache based on Borehole-lite and use links to point back to detailed model
  • deck attached to agenda page

QGIS Demo

  • Sylvain presented ongoing work with consultants to implement GMLAS into GDAL and QGIS plugin to navigate the data
  • impressive demo where QGIS could pull geometries by following link in a GWML2 document

Other items

  • Ran out of time to discuss GeoSciML paper , will do offline
-- EricBoisvert - 14 Sep 2017
Topic revision: r3 - 18 Sep 2017, MarcusSen
 

This site is powered by FoswikiThe information you supply is used for OGC purposes only. We will never pass your contact details to any third party without your prior consent.
If you enter content here you are agreeing to the OGC privacy policy.

Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding OGC Public Wiki? Send feedback