-- TrevorTaylor - 14 Aug 2018

Canada Forum Co-chair Meeting

August 1st, 2018. 0900 EDT

Present

  • Bradford Dean (BD)
  • Aurelian Constantinescu (AC)
  • Andy Hogarth (AH)
  • Tom Landry (TL)
  • Cameron Wilson (CW)
  • Yanmei Wu (YW)
  • Maria Muradori (MM)
  • Trevor Taylor (TT) Agenda

  • Review of Previous Actions
  • Discussion Topics: on communications/ outreach/community building/Stakeholder Consultation
  • Close


Previous Actions

  • CW and TT to continue to meet with CCOG organisers (NRCan holds the secretariat) to develop the approach for the White Horse Launch
    • TT to attend and speak on behalf of the forum Oct 1-3rd, White Horse
    • Oct 2nd - SDI Summit
    • Oct 3rd *am) – Present to CCOG
    • Progress made on Hosting CCOG Registration and Landing Pages, potential co-branded
    • Expect a smaller audience for the SDI Summit

  • AH to work with his staff and Geomatics Atlantic organisers to introduce the Canada Forum
    • Reached out to Ted McKinnon – open to the concept – after Aug 13th, AH will not be there, Jeremy Nicholson from Teledyne CARIS to represent. Under discussion with Ted and the Organisers
    • TT confirmed that Ted is an NRCan staff member
    • Canada Forum Intro deck (see below) could show relevancy under the Marine theme;
      • Ocean Supercluster – Coastal Zone News Letter (ASZICs, Dal Uni), Marine SDI
      • IHO Arctic MSDIWG – Sebastian Carisio NG A is chair. Andy to reach out to check for interest
      • Potential Marine CDS progress report/ update?

  • TT to reach out to GeoAlberta 2018 organizer to explore the possibility of Canada Forum Activity
    • Scott’s McHale ’s is open to discussion – looking for sponsorship in exchange for a speaking slot for the GeoAlberta Event
    • Also suggested an evening session in Calgary with a small group of Albertan stakeholders
    • Scott is very interested in finding ways to collaborate between Alberta and the Forum above the GeoAlberta event and western representation/co-chair possibilities for the forum
    • Ideas
      • Reach out to Steve Liang to see if he is attending/interest in a Western possibility
      • Reach out to Gordon Plunkett, ESRI Canada, as a founding member of the Forum for a speaking possibility
      • BD – suggested we could have a GoToMeeting session with Alberta Stakeholder
      • CW – General goal – overtime add additional regional representation., the North, West, Pacific Coast

  • CW, BD, and TL to meet separately to discuss Indigenous Mapping Workshop (IMW)
    • BD speaking on Aug 23rd, 0930, IMW – BD to speak - ~1000
    • CW – supporting travel and living for selected reps with emerging capabilities from Fort Albany, will send NRCan reps assuming budget is available
    • TL – to attend 22/23rd – plus other CRIM reps, potentially

  • TT to create a short PPT deck by August 1 and provide to co-chairs for review. with IMW being the first event to receive the briefing
    • Rough draft created
    • Will need to be customized for each event based on the target audience
    • CW – offered translation services, plus covering potential room rental/AV fees in general
    • AC and TT, work to revise the Forum intro deck to make it more relevant to the Maritime Domain for the Quebec Maritime Network (RQM) meeting (Oct 4/5)
    • AH to connect to Geomatics Atlantic themes?
      • RQM – Quebec, France, Federal (e.g. NSERC) partners / Does it include Coastal Waterways, waterbodies?? First Meeting – Discovery – NSERC – Info/Data management requirement Discussion Topics

  • Forum Values/Mission/Vision/Objectives etc. – Should we create a mini-business plan introduction to provide context for the work plan?
    • YW to create a short working draft. The document will be open and editable
    • YW: Make available “live” during presentations for all to edit/comment on during the hard launches to support openness and show the value of action from the audience
  • Role of Universities/Academic Digital Object Identifiers?
    • Data Management – work with Universities to check for interest in collaborating to determine standard based ways to better manage Data assets (e.g. Digital Object Identifiers, also increasingly and NSERC requirement)
    • Need Representation from the University sector
    • TT reach out Steve Liang re Canada Forum, GeoAlberta, and copy AC, since he will be meeting with Steve next week.
  • Discussion on collecting Work Plan Input
    • Organizational Idea – Co-chairs to lead work plan and other efforts for each sector? G general agreement, as long as it doesn’t result in stovepipes
    • Leads
      • AC, AH, TL – Industry
      • TL – Research &Academia (an additional; rep from the University community would be valuable)
      • CW and BD - Gov
      • BD Indigenous
      • To help avoid stovepipes, all leads should identify common cross-cutting issues.
        • Climate - Innovation, Monitoring, and resilience were provided as an example. Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) leading – potentially reach out to ECCC for help ( Tom Kraladis)

  • Next Meeting: September 5th, 0900 EDT
Topic revision: r2 - 04 Sep 2018, TrevorTaylor
 

This site is powered by FoswikiThe information you supply is used for OGC purposes only. We will never pass your contact details to any third party without your prior consent.
If you enter content here you are agreeing to the OGC privacy policy.

Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding OGC Public Wiki? Send feedback